Sunday 17 June 2012

Animating and Camera Techniques

One of the most important aspects of my animation was the use and control of cameras and camera angles. Because I was dealing with the constrictions of a grid environment I had to find ways of making simple shots into interesting shots. I used a lot of motion paths and angles to show the size of the environment compared to Hector. He was always supposed to be a tiny robot in a large city and I think these stills show that nicely.
I had to use back lighting for this shot to illuminate Hector's back so it was visible. 
A nice shot showing Hector's head lights spilling light over the opposing building. The bump map on the gravel looks really nice when under the head lights.

Bump mapping on gravel shows a nice lighting effect. 


Chase scene of the lights of the Seeker interacting with the lamp lights. The lights on the Seeker are actually just simple polygonal spheres that have intense glow special effects whilst hiding the object itself only the glow will be visible. However I had to parent a low level ambient light to the Seeker in order to illuminate it enough to be detailed. The Seeker is supposed to be a sleek glossy white and it was difficult showing this colour in a night time setting, a lot of tweaking had to be done to the lighting in these scenes.

No comments:

Post a Comment