Wednesday 4 April 2012

Early Modelling

This is an early screen shot of a high quality render of my model. It was a fairly easy model to make and so little alterations had to be made to get the effect I wanted. The shader type and material layer also adds a nice third dimension to the model.


This is a still shot of a the first glimpse of the crystal emerging out of the liquid entity. Initially I tried to animate the crystal hardening on top of the liquid but I found it harder to animate and I liked the way this method is more in keeping with the Pixar precedent of having a kind of narrative over the characters/ objects in the animation.


This is the final transformation still of the crystal taking the liquid over and crystallizing. I chose red for the colour of the crystal because I wanted some contrast from the liquid. Also, when animated, the intensity of the glow from the crystal makes some really cool lighting effects. 

No comments:

Post a Comment