Wednesday 10 April 2013

High Poly Character - Project 1 B

BUILDING IN MAYA FROM LOW POLY

Initially I used my original low poly model to begin creating a high poly mesh for texturing, but almost straight away I found a better way to model my character so it look more like the isometric and concept drawings from the beginning. 


I messed around for countless hours trying to get a dynamic grass fur looking good but it was reasonably unresponsive and by the end of painting ever face that needed grass it was incredibly processor dependent so I decided to go for a normalized grass texture on blinn, the colouring was done with a PSN connection.





RENDERS



HIGH QUALITY RENDERS



HD BABY 



By the end of the texturing and animation process I feel I have developed this character well from my original concept drawings and a great deal since my first low poly mesh.






No comments:

Post a Comment